EDF Energy and its partner investors are planning to build a multi-billion power station at Sizewell C on the Suffolk coast.
This project provides local and regional business with a once-in-a-generation opportunity to deliver goods and services during both the construction phase and once the station is up and running.
Suffolk Chamber of Commerce has partnered with EDF Energy to support the supply chain for Sizewell C to ensure that these opportunities are managed efficiently and effectively.
To do this, Suffolk Chamber has set up a Sizewell C Supply Chain team which is providing a range of support services, including managing the Sizewell C Supply Chain website portal.
This portal is the key portal for the project’s Tier 1 companies, allowing them to find potential suppliers by category and capabilities.
With over 140 Tier 1 contractors, each planning to deliver multi-million to several billion pound contracts and each with multiple Tier 2 and 3 supply chain requirements, the opportunities for local and regional suppliers is both impressive but also complex.
To help local and regional businesses , the Suffolk Chamber Sizewell C Supply Chain team is also delivering the following:
- Capturing the details of Suffolk and regional businesses and mapping their core capabilities against Sizewell C project requirements.
- Matching suppliers with EDF Energy and Tier 1 contractor work package requirements.
- Co-chairing and enabling the Site Operations and Industrial Partner steering groups that oversee the developing supply chain response.
- Communicating up-to-date project and work package news and information to suppliers registered on this supplier portal.
- Broker relevant business support to help suppliers meet quality and safety standards.