The Project Programme in relation to major projects will be published following the Design Consent Order being approved by the required UK Regulatory Authorities. The Generic Design Assessment (GDA) for the reactor type has been issued by the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR); see http://planninghelp.cpre.org.uk/planning-explained/planning-for-major-infrastructure-projects/development-consent-orders
The DCO will follow in sequence from a comprehensive socio-economic consultation process. The main power station development would include:
• Two UK EPR™ nuclear (pressurised water) reactor units
• Two turbine halls
• Cooling water infrastructure
• Fuel and waste management facilities including storage
• Electricity transmission infrastructure
• Service and ancillary buildings
• A sea wall
• A public information centre
• Landscaping for the construction land.
The Sizewell C project also includes some associated developments in the surrounding area which will be subject to socio-economic consultation. The main associated developments are intended to be:
• An accommodation campus for the workforce at the main site
• Park and ride facilities to transport workers by bus to the Sizewell C development site
• A temporary jetty to deliver as much heavy equipment and material as possible by sea to reduce road traffic movements.