The Project Programme in relation to major projects will be published following the Design Consent Order. The Generic Design Assessment (GDA) for the reactor type has been issued by the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR)
The DCO will follow in sequence from a comprehensive socio-economic consultation process. The main power station development would include:
- Two UK EPR™ nuclear (pressurised water) reactor units
- Two turbine halls
- Cooling water infrastructure
- Fuel and waste management facilities including storage
- Electricity transmission infrastructure
- Service and ancillary buildings
- A sea wall
- A public information centre
- Landscaping for the construction land.
The Sizewell C project also includes some associated developments in the surrounding area which will be subject to socio-economic consultation. The main associated developments are intended to be:
- • An accommodation campus for the workforce at the main site
- • Park and ride facilities to transport workers by bus to the Sizewell C development site
- • A temporary jetty to deliver as much heavy equipment and material as possible by sea to reduce road traffic movements.
Sizewell C Opportunities are advertised on Competefor, to have access to these opportunities you are required to register on to Competefor
Once registered on to Competefor you will then need to complete & publish your business profile for your organisation to be business ready and therefore allow your respond to opportunities.